WFO GRAND FORKS Warnings, Watches and Advisories for Sunday, May 1, 2022
AREAL FLOOD WARNING
BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
National Weather Service Grand Forks ND
253 PM CDT Fri Apr 29 2022
...FLOOD WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 545 PM CDT SUNDAY...
* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall continues.
* WHERE...Portions of northwest Minnesota and northeast North
Dakota, including the following counties, in northwest Minnesota,
Marshall and Polk. In northeast North Dakota, Grand Forks and
* WHEN...Until 545 PM CDT Sunday.
* IMPACTS...Flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying
and flood-prone locations is imminent or occurring. Numerous roads
remain closed due to flooding.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 253 PM CDT, emergency management reported flooding in the
warned area. Flooding is already occurring.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Grand Forks, East Grand Forks, Grand Forks AFB, Warren,
Larimore, Northwood, Argyle, Emerado, Alvarado, Manvel, Oslo,
Gilby, Arvilla, Mekinock, Ardoch, Johnstown, Kempton,
McCanna, Merrifield and Angus.
Safety message - Turn around, don't drown. Don't travel through
flooded areas. Most flood deaths occur in vehicles.
...FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 645 PM CDT THIS EVENING...
Marshall. In northeast North Dakota, Grand Forks and Walsh.
* WHEN...Until 645 PM CDT.
- At 253 PM CDT, emergency management reported slow moving
thunderstorms with very heavy rainfall across the warned
Grafton, Park River, Stephen, Minto, Hoople, Fordville,
Edinburg, Forest River, Pisek, Warsaw, Oakwood, Forest River
Colony, Veseleyville, Inkster, Auburn, Voss, Nash, Conway,
Mandt and Big Woods.
...FLOOD WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 645 PM CDT SUNDAY...
* WHEN...Until 645 PM CDT Sunday.
- At 253 PM CDT, emergency management reported heavy rain in
the warned area due to thunderstorms. Flooding is ongoing or
expected to begin shortly.
...FLOOD WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 630 PM CDT SUNDAY...
* WHAT...Flooding caused by rain and snowmelt continues.
Kittson. In northeast North Dakota, Cavalier and Pembina.
* WHEN...Until 630 PM CDT Sunday.
and flood-prone locations is imminent or occurring.
- At 254 PM CDT, local law enforcement reported heavy rain and
snowmelt in the warned area due to thunderstorms. Flooding is
Langdon, Cavalier, Walhalla, Drayton, Pembina, Neche, St.
Thomas, Crystal, Osnabrock, Mountain, Hensel, St. Vincent,
Hamilton, Milton, Nekoma, Leroy, Bathgate, Backoo, Glasston
Copyright 2022 AccuWeather