LITTLE DAMAGE

Durand firefighters were called Wednesday to 709 Olivet St. at approximately 10 a.m. after a woman who lives at the home apparently placed too much paper into her fireplace and the fire “smoked the house out.” Firefighters said she was the only person home, but didn’t sustain any injuries. The city of Durand Fire Department was assisted at the scene by Vernon Township.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.